Potato experiment concluded

Last year’s potato harvest started to chit uncontrollably so I had to throw the last potatoes away. I saved two and put them in a bucket of soil each and kept them in the attic. By 1 March they started to get very leggy so I put the buckets in the poly tunnel. Those first stalks froze, but the plants grew happily. Around mid April I put them in a sheltered spot outside. For the last few days the plants weren’t looking so good anymore, though, so today I decided to harvest.

aardappeloogst

These must be the earliest first early potatoes ever. 1150 grams. And they taste soooo good!

Advertenties

Geef een reactie

Vul je gegevens in of klik op een icoon om in te loggen.

WordPress.com logo

Je reageert onder je WordPress.com account. Log uit / Bijwerken )

Twitter-afbeelding

Je reageert onder je Twitter account. Log uit / Bijwerken )

Facebook foto

Je reageert onder je Facebook account. Log uit / Bijwerken )

Google+ photo

Je reageert onder je Google+ account. Log uit / Bijwerken )

Verbinden met %s

%d bloggers liken dit: